During a pandemic:
- Stay informed - watch and listen for public announcements and updates
- Implement your household plan
- Stay at home if you're sick. Discourage visitors.
- Observe good hygiene practices when sneezing and coughing, cooking and looking after sick people
- Support others if you are well enough
Masks worn by sick people can help stop the spread of germs. You can buy masks from a pharmacy (or from a hardware store).
If there is a pandemic, people will be told how and when to use their masks. A mask can be worn only for a short time, and needs changing when wet from sneezing and coughing.