The government has announced an extension of Alert Level 4 restrictions until 11:59pm Friday 27 August for all Aotearoa New Zealand.
The public is urged to continue checking the locations of interest(external link), and seek a test if you have cold or flu symptoms, have been at a location of interest, or are a close contact of a positive Covid-19 case.
Please visit the Taranaki DHB website(external link) for more details of how and where to get a test in Taranaki.
As of 24 August, there are no confirmed Covid-19 cases in the Taranaki region.
What you need to know and do at Alert Level 4
At Alert Level 4 we all need to stay at home to stop the transmission of Covid-19:
- The only reasons you can leave home are to shop for groceries, access necessary healthcare, get a COVID-19 test, exercise or go to work if you are working in an Alert Level 4 service.
- Only make physical contact with those who you live with - stay in your "bubble."
- Businesses are closed except for those permitted to be open at Alert Level 4 - for example, supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics, petrol stations and lifeline utilities will stay open.
- Safe recreational activity is allowed in your local area.
- All gatherings are cancelled and all public venues are closed.
- Educational facilities are closed.
You must wear a mask or face covering(external link) when visiting essential services.
Please visit covid19.govt.nz(external link) for further information on travel, personal movement, exercise, education, work, business and gatherings at Alert Level 4.