The Taranaki Emergency Management Office (TEMO) is a shared service between all four councils in Taranaki.
TEMO is responsible for:
- Providing advice and technical support to the Co-ordinating Executive Group and the Civil Defence Emergency Management Group
- Co-ordination of regional CDEM policy and its implementation
- Maintaining relationships and robust communication networks with Taranaki CDEM Group partners and other agencies
- Educating local communities about hazards and how to prepare and respond to them
- Supporting communities to prepare for emergencies through liaison with community boards and groups
- Co-ordinating development of community volunteer capability
- Monitoring and responding to, the adverse effects of emergencies on behalf of the CDEM Group and disseminating warnings
- Maintaining the Group Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in a ready state
- Assisting with recovery operations on behalf of the CDEM Group
- CDEM professional development
- Developing CDEM strategy and policy, including the ongoing development, implementation, monitoring and review of the CDEM Group Plan and supporting documentation
- Project coordination and managemen
- Management of contracts entered into on behalf of the CDEM Group or CEG
- Representing the CDEM Group on national bodies and projects.
TEMO is also the location of the Civil Defence Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for Taranaki.
TEMO organisational structure